All orders are sent from Los Angeles via FedEx overnight, FedEx Ground, or local delivery. For all Shipping & Delivery information click here
What People Are Saying
Shipping & Delivery
This is a classic French winter scallop stew.
- 20 x Far West Scallops, any size, defrosted
- 1 brown onion, chopped – chopped
- 2 tbs Currawong Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, diced
- Small pinch Saffron
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh baguette, optional
- Ensure the scallops have thoroughly defrosted.
- Using a heavy based pan, gently sauté the onion using half the oil until onions turn translucent. Add the garlic, celery, and red pepper and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile using a separate pan, heat the remaining oil until hot. Pat down the scallops to remove any excess moisture, then carefully sear the scallops for 1 minute each side until a golden crust has formed. Remove, then set aside on a plate. Wipe the pan clean, and repeat the process until all scallops have been seared.
- Turn the heat up on the pan containing the vegetables, then add the saffron and wine to deglaze the pan. Lower the heat, then gently place in the scallops and add the tomatoes. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Taste for seasoning and serve in a bowl topped with chopped parsley. Serve with fresh crunchy baguette or toast.
Seared Scallop Salad
Simple, yet big in flavor. This salad is perfect for those who enjoy the finer things in life.
- 6 scallops, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 5 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 Bell pepper, roughly chopped
- Pea shoots for garnish
- Mescaline salad mix
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Defrost scallops before use. Gently remove remaining piece of membrane (this will be a beige color piece on the side that is a little firmer than the scallop meat). Place on paper towel, pat dry and set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing the lime juice, honey, vinegar and salt in a bowl. Avoid using a metal bowl as this reacts with the lime juice and alters the flavor. Set aside.
- Dice the bell pepper and mix with an even amount of both salad mix and pea shoots in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add enough olive oil to lightly cover the pan. When the pan begins to smoke add the scallops, one at a time. Keep heat on a medium high heat and let sit for 30 seconds. Gently move each scallop separately, if they don’t move they aren’t ready .
- Once they are sealed and move, turn scallops and turn heat off. Let sit for a further 15 -20 seconds and remove to a separate plate. They should feel firm but not hard and have a nice golden brown sear around the edges and a little across the center. The scallops will taste sweet with a medium texture when eaten.
- Dress the salad mix and gently place the scallops on the edge and atop the salad, add a little more dressing to cover the scallops. Serve immediately.
Why Choose Far West Scallops
To find out more about Far West Scallops, click this link
Why Choose Far West
To find out more about what makes Far West Scallops unforgettable, click this link.
You Might Also Like
The best shrimp are found along the tropical coastline of Queensland and northern New South Wales, Australia. The warm, unpolluted waters and river inlets create the perfect farming conditions for Tropic Co Tiger Shrimp to thrive. With distinctive tiger stripes, Tropic Co Shrimp are firm and sweet. Perfect for any occasion, you'll soon find any excuse will do.
Delicacies of the Australian ocean come together to form the perfect bundle for seafood lovers. East meets West with Tropic Co Shrimp from Queensland, Australia and Ballot's Saucer Scallops caught wild from Western Australia. Treat yourself any night of the week and celebrate the best of the Australian sea at your own home.
Sometimes you stumble across something so intriguing, so unique. Yumbah Greenlip Abalone from Australia is just that. You can actually taste the pristine Antarctic waters of the Southern Australian Ocean with every mouth watering bite. This is more than just abalone; this is the best Australian Abalone delivered to your door.