All orders are sent from Los Angeles via FedEx overnight, FedEx Ground, or local delivery. For all Shipping & Delivery information click here
What People Are Saying
Shipping & Delivery
“We are honored to have been serving Kerwee Wagyu at Nobu Los Angeles for many years. Our customers expect the finest quality and Kerwee Wagyu consistently delivers exceptional flavor and a smooth silky texture. The Kerwee difference is the real beef flavor, which reminds me of my beef eating experience as a child.”
Winner of the World Steak Challenge 2019
Winner at the Triple Crown Steak Challenge 2019
Kerwee Filet Mignon with Roast Garlic & Thyme Potatoes
This is the easiest way to jazz up your regular meat and veg. While the Kerwee Fillet is naturally juicy and tender, the butter and garlic take this meal to another level. Enjoy this at home with your favorite bottle of wine.
- 2 x 6oz Kerwee 6-7 BMS Filet mignon
- Potatoes (Fingerling is suggested, but any kind is fine)
- 2 cloves garlic, squashed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ bunch fresh thyme
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Olsson’s sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ensure the meat has been correctly defrosted following the defrosting guide below. On the day of cooking, remove meat from the fridge and bring to room temperature. Pre heat the oven to 420 F.
- Wash the potatoes and add to pot with cold water* and kosha salt. Bring to the boil and cook the potatoes until you can pierce a knife easily through the center.
- Then strain the potatoes and let them cool enough to touch. Squeeze, or use the bottom of a sauce pan to squash the potatoes so they are slightly broken but still whole.
- Mix 1 clove garlic, half the thyme, ½ teaspoon sea salt and combine. Pour seasoned potatoes onto a tray lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes. Check after 15 minutes and turn so all sides become golden and crunchy whilst the middle stays soft and fluffy.
- Towards the end of the potatoes being roasted, begin to cook the meat. Heat a pan over high heat, and drizzle with olive oil. Sear both sides of the fillet. We recommend 3 – 4 minutes each side for medium-rare.
- Once you have turned the steak over to the second side, add the butter, the remaining thyme and garlic. Once the butter has melted and started to infuse with the thyme and garlic, carefully baste the meat with the flavored butter for 1-2 minutes until cooked to desired temperature – remembering this will continue to cook the meat.
- Remove from heat and let rest for about 3 minutes, or half the cooking time. Serve with the garlic and thyme potatoes, and season with Olsson’s Sea Salt Flakes.
- *All root vegetables have to start I cold water, heating the outside layers gradually allows the cell walls get reinforced and become more resistant to the effects of overcooking
Recommended Cooking Instructions for Kerwee Wagyu
Follow these instructions to guarantee perfect cooking results every time
Defrosting the meat:
Slowly is the key. Defrost the meat on the bottom shelf of your refrigerator overnight. Ensure the meat is resting on a plate to avoid contamination with other foods in the fridge. Defrosting on a kitchen bench is not recommended as it can encourage growth of harmful bacteria.
Preparing the meat:
Once the meat is completely defrosted, remove from packaging and carefully pat off excess blood from all sides of the steak. Bring steaks to room temperature at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. Option: salt your meat well prior to cooking - we recommend using kosher salt only for this as its not overly strong.
It is not recommended to use any oil when cooking the steaks, as Kerwee Wagyu is naturally has a high fat content that provides adequate fat in the pan/grill for the steak to be cooked. However if choosing to cook with oil, directly oil the meat - not the pan or grill - to avoid flame ups.
Cooking the meat:
Ensure the pan/grill is thoroughly hot to avoid the steak from becoming stuck. Follow the cooking times in the table below for your desired steak doneness. We recommend all Kerwee steaks are cooked Medium - Rare/Medium for maximum texture and flavor. Do no turn the meat over until it comes away easily from the pan/grill, and allow the sides of the meat to caramelize. Grill marks increase flavor, and caramelization is the natural meat sugars burning thus creating flavor. Chard (burnt) meat is not the same and will leave a horrid carbon flavor in your mouth.
Resting the meat:
We recommend resting the meat for half the amount of time you have cooked it. This will allow the blood and juices to flow back through the entire steak. If you cut a steak and the blood runs out this means it is under rested.
Slicing / carving the meat:
Always cut against the grain, through the fibers. Finally, serve with a sprinkle of Olsson’s Sea Salt flakes.
Quick Guide to Cooking a Kerwee Steak
Approximate cooking time for a 1.4 inch steak (Ribeye & NY Strip) brought to room temperature and cooked over a hot grill/pan. The temperature guide below is before resting. During resting, the temperature will rise by a few degrees.
BLUE: 1 minute each side - for caramelization
RARE: 2 - 3 minutes each side. Internal temperature of 117F
MEDIUM - RARE (Recommended): 3 - 4 minutes each side. Internal temperature 127F
MEDIUM (Recommended): 4 -5 minutes each side. Internal temperature 134F
MEDIUM - WELL: 5 minutes each side. Internal temperature 140F
WELL - DONE: 6 minutes each side. Internal temperature 150F
Why Choose Kerwee Wagyu
The Kerwee group is a family owned company that has complete control over their production systems.
To find out more about the farm, feeding program, and the Kerwee Wagyu & Angus cattle’s life cycle click this link.
You Might Also Like
True decadence starts here. The New York Strip steak is unforgettably tender with the signature Kerwee marbling throughout. Each bite simply gets better and better. The only other beef that tastes this good is the Kerwee steak you ordered last time.
More is always more with Kerwee. For those who cherish outstanding Wagyu any day of the week, fresh Kerwee Striploins is perfect for you. You decide the perfect sized steak for your family and friends. Or keep it all for yourself.