All orders are sent from Los Angeles via FedEx overnight, FedEx Ground, or local delivery. For all Shipping & Delivery information click here
What People Are Saying
Shipping & Delivery
How to Prepare Tropic Co Tiger Shrimp
HOW TO THAW SHRIMP IN THE FRIDGE
1. Tropic Co shrimps have been individually snap frozen for your convenience. Remove desired amount of shrimp from packaging. Place frozen shrimp in an airtight container
2. Place in fridge and cover to defrost a day before intended use
HOW TO STORE SHRIMP
1. If fresh or once defrosted: place peeled shrimp in an airtight container and store in the coldest part of the fridge
2. Once thawed, shrimp should not be refrozen as the quality deteriorates
HOW TO PEEL SHRIMP
1. Hold the body of the shrimp and carefully twist of the head. Peel under and away.
2. Grasp as many legs as you can between your thumb and index finger
HOW TO DEVEIN SHRIMP
1. Ensure shrimp have completely defrosted
2. Straighten shrimp and gently grasp the vein located on the back of the shrimp
3. Slowly pull the vein out
Tropic Co. (cooked) Tiger Prawn Cocktail
This recipe uses Tropic Co Cooked Tiger Prawns. It’s up to you how you want to plate it; restaurant style or home cooking style. Either way, we promise you a vibrant and fresh starter that everyone will enjoy. Watch out for the kick from the horseradish.
- 200ml tomato ketchup
- 40g horseradish cream (mild)
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- 5 Cooked Tropic Co. Tiger Prawns, thawed and peeled and cut in half lengthways
- Butter lettuce, washed and cut in half
- Avocado, diced
- 1/2 tsp Yarra Valley Caviar, for garnish
- Chives, sliced for garnish
- Defrost prawns a few hours before use, peel and set aside.
- Mix cocktail sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside .
- Carefully tear off lettuce leaves. Then lay lettuce leaves into a bowl, core side in and green at the top.
- In the bowl build a base with some avocado, sauce then shrimp. Continue to add ingredients to the bowl until you have used all your shrimp.
- Finish with a sprinkle of chives, caviar and serve immediately.
Char-Grilled Ginger Tiger Shrimp
- 10 x Tropic Co Shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut or grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup ginger (grated)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 3 limes (wedges)
- Bamboo skewers (soaked in water 30 mins prior to using)
- Defrost shrimp a few hours before use and peel leaving the tail on.
- Soak the bamboo skewers for 30 minutes before using - this ensures the skewers won’t burn during the cooking process.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over the peeled shrimp. Let the shrimp meat marinate for 30 - 45 minutes. This adds extra flavor while also tenderizing the meat. Please note there will be marinade left over.
- Light up your charcoal grill and wait until the flames have died down, and the coals are white hot. In the meantime, thread each shrimp onto the skewer through the head to the tail. Do not pierce the skewer through the tail.
- Grill for 4 -5 minutes, turning once mid-way through until nicely colored.
- Carefully remove shrimp from the skewer, then sprinkle with cilantro and and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
*available at all good Asian markets
Char-Grilled Tiger Shrimp with Lemon Butter and Yarra Valley Caviar
- 6 x Tropic Co Tiger Shrimp
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Yarra Valley Caviar - click here to shop
- Defrost the shrimp overnight, or on the morning before use.
- Peel shrimp from behind the head, down to the start of the tail. Then carefully skewer the prawn from the tail end - as close to the belly without piercing through the flesh.
- Grill the shrimp on a char-grill or grill. Spoon the melted butter over the top, turning until cooked and crispy. Approximately 3 minutes each side.
- Plate the shrimp and generously squeeze lemon juice over the top. Spoon on desired amount of caviar and service immediately.
- For an extra indulgent taste, peel off the head and fill with caviar and eat. The texture will be crunchy, sweet and with a burst of fresh flavor from the caviar.
Why Choose Tropic Co
To find out more about Tropic Co Tiger Shrimp and their sustainable farming practices, click this link.
You Might Also Like
From Western & Southern parts of Australia, these lobsters are caught wild and hand selected for quality and health. These premium lobster tails are the perfect accompaniment to a great Kerwee steak.
Sometimes you stumble across something so intriguing, so unique. Yumbah Greenlip Abalone from Australia is just that. You can actually taste the pristine Antarctic waters of the Southern Australian Ocean with every mouth watering bite. This is more than just abalone; this is the best Australian Abalone delivered to your door.
The epitome of elegance. Ballot's Saucer Scallops are caught wild off the South Coast of Western Australia. With vast and unpolluted waters, these types of scallops are sweet and buttery. Perfectly white in color with just a hint of saltiness, Far West Scallops are a celebration of the Australian sea.