SURF & TURF WITH CHEAT “MORNAY” SAUCE
December 5, 2020
Deliciously creamy sauce is perfectly paired with silky smooth Kerwee Wagyu Filet and plump Tropic Co Tiger Shrimp. This recipe serves 2 people.
- 2 x 6oz Kerwee Filet
- 6 x Tropic Co Tiger Prawns, defrosted and peeled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shave or grated
- 1 sprig fresh thyme Thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Olsson’s Sea Salt flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Defrost and peel the shrimp following the guide below. Bring the meat to room temperate before cooking.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan with thyme and garlic. Slowly simmer until it has reduced by half, being careful not to burn or boil - heating the cream on high heat will cause it to quickly rise in the saucepan; be sure to keep an eye on it.
- Once reduced by half, stir in the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Turn off and set aside, making sure it doesn’t cool too much.
- Then heat a heavy based pan on high, and add a little extra virgin olive oil. Season the meat with Olsson’s Sea Salt Flakes and pepper.
- Once the pan is searing hot, carefully sear each side of the filet for roughly 30 seconds. Make sure it is a hard sear - look for a caramelized crust.
- Then cook the filet in the pan for 2 -3 minutes each side for medium-rare. Remove from the pan, then allow to rest for half the time cooked.
- Using a separate pan, sauté the shrimp until cooked.
- Plate the steak, sliced or unsliced, with the shrimp. Carefully pour the warm sauce over the top of the filet and shrimp, and serve with sautéed spinach or other warmed vegetables.
- Serve immediately.
Seared Scallop Salad
October 28, 2020
- 6 scallops, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 5 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 Bell pepper, roughly chopped
- Pea shoots for garnish
- Mescaline salad mix
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Defrost scallops before use. Gently remove remaining piece of membrane (this will be a beige color piece on the side that is a little firmer than the scallop meat). Place on paper towel, pat dry and set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing the lime juice, honey, vinegar and salt in a bowl. Avoid using a metal bowl as this reacts with the lime juice and alters the flavor. Set aside.
- Dice the bell pepper and mix with an even amount of both salad mix and pea shoots in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add enough olive oil to lightly cover the pan. When the pan begins to smoke add the scallops, one at a time. Keep heat on a medium high heat and let sit for 30 seconds. Gently move each scallop separately, if they don’t move they aren’t ready .
- Once they are sealed and move, turn scallops and turn heat off. Let sit for a further 15 -20 seconds and remove to a separate plate. They should feel firm but not hard and have a nice golden brown sear around the edges and a little across the center. The scallops will taste sweet with a medium texture when eaten.
- Dress the salad mix and gently place the scallops on the edge and atop the salad, add a little more dressing to cover the scallops. Serve immediately.
Terra Mare Prime Indulgent Canape
October 28, 2020
Simple and indulgent, this canapé will keep you coming back for more. A great smorgasbord of TMP products and combination of sweet flavor and texture .
- Cook steak per personal choice. We suggest rare or medium-rare.
- Allow the steak to rest before slicing it thinly. Then cut each slice into manageable bite size pieces, and place on a plate for serving.
- Season with sea salt, then add the cheese to each piece of meat. Finish by drizzling honey over the meat and cheese and serve.
There are no items in your cart.