Kerwee Beef Thai Salad
May 19, 2020
Nahm Dtok - Grilled Kerwee Beef Thai Salad
(nahm dtok means water falling as in the juice in the steak)
This is a simple and healthy summer salad. The contrast of fresh and zingy raw salad ingredients pairs perfectly with the subtle wagyu flavors from the Kerwee Kiwami Rost Biff. The Wagyu can be cooked on the grill or pan seared.
Serves 2 substantial dishes OR 4 side dishes
1 x 20oz Kerwee Kiwami Rost Biff Steak
2 lemongrass sticks, outer layer removed and thinly sliced
5 kaffir lime leaves*, stems removed and thinly sliced
2 Jalapeno red chili
2 red shallots
2 cups mint
2 cups cilantro
2 cups Thai (sweet) basil*
6 tbsp lime juice
6 tbsp fish sauce*
2 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/2 cup glutinous rice (or sticky rice)
2 Wedges Green Cabbage or Iceberg Lettuce
1. Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, white sugar and chili flakes in a bowl. The dressing should be a balanced flavor of salty & sweet - with a kick of spice to your taste. Set aside.
2. Prepare the garnish. Toast the sticky rice on a non-stick pan on low heat, until the rice turns a golden brown color. The aroma is similar to popcorn. Then, remove from heat and place into a mortar and pestle. Grind into a fine powder, then set aside.
3. Gently mix all salad ingredients in a bowl, making sure not to bruise the herbs. Toss lightly to expel the natural oils and aromas. Put aside.
4. Ensure the steak is at room temperature before cooking. Chargrill or pan sear steak whole to desired doneness - we recommend rare. Allow steak to rest for at least 10 minutes.
5. Slice steak, then combine together with salad and dressing.
4. Sprinkle the rice powder over the top, and serve with green cabbage or iceberg lettuce.
*available at all good Asian markets
Yumbah Greenlip Abalone Takes Champion Award
September 26, 2019
Yumbah has taken home the Champion award for its Greenlip abalone at the Sydney Fine Food Show this week.
This prestigious award recognises the hard work of our team and is the first time abalone has won at the Show during its 23-year history.
Congratulations to all involved!
KERWEE AWARDED GOLD AT WORLD STEAK CHALLENGE
July 18, 2019
Alongside some of the world’s leading beef brands, Stockyard’s Kerwee was awarded a Gold Medal for its kiwami sirloin and Silver Medal for Stockyard’s Kerwee Gold Angus sirloin, at this year’s World Steak Challenge.
As a first year entrant and our first foray into the European and UK markets, Stockyard has proven that our recipe for success continues in delivering award winning product to our network of distributors, chefs and consumers.
The World Steak Challenge was launched in 2015 to deliver a recognized stamp of quality to support world-class steak production on a global platform and to promote it to consumers as a positive choice in a healthy balanced lifestyle. It gives steak producers a unique way of benchmarking product quality, breed credentials and processing standards on the international stage.
All steaks are assessed in terms of appearance raw and cooked, taste, aroma, succulence, marbling and consistency of fat trim.
The two day World Steak Challenge included live cutting and cooking for expert and consumer judging panels on 9 July, at judging host Fire Restaurant in the heart of Dublin. Twenty two steak producing countries have participated with entrants traveling to attend the event and network with VIP’s judges and international media.
Our European distributor Rungis Express, represented Stockyard alongside third generation Family members Rebecca and Alexandra Hart with the who’s who of the worlds top producers to battle it out to be crowned the World’s Best Steak.
Our core purpose in creating inspiration, enjoyment and memories through a shared appreciation of outstanding beef is what motivates our teams every day.