Southern Rocklobster Tail with Garlic Butter Noodles
October 28, 2020
Easy to make at home using easily sourced ingredients. This dish tastes sweet, buttery, salty with a slight sour hint to balance out the butter. Serves two people per tail.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 x 7-8oz Southern Rocklobster Tail
- 1 lemon, for juicing
- Roasting tray
- Parchment paper
- Fresh chives, sliced
- Egg noodles/pasta
- Kitchen scissors
- Defrost tail on a plate in the fridge 12 hours before use, and ensure the butter is at room temperature.
- Preheat broil to 500 F, and bring a pot of water to the boil. Once boiling, cook egg noodles/pasta – once cooked strain and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly combine all butter mixture ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- With a good pair pf kitchen scissors, cut the tail of the lobster down the spine. Begin at the head side, cutting down to the tail to expose the flesh.
- Then put the tail flesh side up on a tray lined with parchment paper. Gently brush the butter mix generously over the meat and broil for 8-10 minutes until the meat is a light brown opaque color.
- Carefully remove the meat from the shell, and dice to desired size. Mix together with noodles, and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add any remaining butter mixture with the noodles, and garnish with chives.