Sovereign Sunday Roast
October 28, 2020
Best enjoyed with friends and family, this recipe is for a medium-rare juicy roast with a slight blush of pink in the middle. Can be served with vegetables or a fresh salad of your choice.
- 1 Boneless Leg Sovereign Lamb
- 2 medium brown onions
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, picked
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Vegetables of your choice (e.g., baby carrot, potatoes and asparagus)
- Preheat your oven to 420F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 6 incisions into the skin side of the lamb to create small pockets. In each pocket insert 2 pieces of sliced garlic and picked rosemary.
- Rub the meat with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Allow the meat to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. This will result in a more tender texture once cooked.
- Place the onions evenly in a roasting pan. Then place the lamb on top.
- Roast the lamb in the oven for 1 hr 30 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. You can test the meat to see if it’s cooked by inserting a thin skewer into the thickest part of the meat. The juices should ooze out and be clear.
- Carefully remove the meat from the oven tray, and loosely wrap in foil to keep warm for at least 15 minutes. Place the tray with the onions back into the oven if you’d like the vegetable to be cooked further.
- In the meantime, prepare the rest of your vegetables.
- Carve lamb and serve onto a warm plate or platter and arrange the vegetables. Season with salt & pepper to taste.