Angus Cowboy Steak with Chimichurri
April 8, 2021
- 1 x 20oz Bone-In Angus Ribeye (Cowboy Steak)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot finely diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Defrost streak and leave out to come to room temperature before cooking.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, parsley, basil, cilantro, oregano, red chili flakes, garlic, shallot, and lemon juice. Cover and put into the fridge.
- Heat a cast iron pan until very hot. Season steak with a light sprinkling of good sea salt and pepper. Hard sear each side of the steak for 2 - 3 minutes until you get your desired crust.
- Turn heat down to low/medium and cook for another 3-4 minutes to achieve a medium-rare consistency throughout.
- Remove steak from the pan and let it rest for half the cooking time.
- Cut the bone away from the meat, then slice against the grain into thick strips. Serve on a plate and spoon on Chimichurri.
There are no items in your cart.