Herb & Mustard Crust Venison Rack
October 28, 2020
Easy to make in any home kitchen with common ingredients. Enjoy this fresh, vibrant and flavorsome alternative to lamb.
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp thyme (minced)
- 2 tsp rosemary (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ tsp salt.
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary OR flat leaf parsley (minced)
- 1 x 8 bone rack of Venison ribs
- Roasting tray
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 500 F. Place venison on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle a small amount of oil on the parchment paper to further prevent the rack from sticking.
- Mix together the crust ingredients and set aside.
- Combine all marinade ingredients thoroughly in a bowl, then spread evenly over the top side of the rack.
- Roast in the oven for-20 minutes.
- Remove venison from the oven and carefully pat the crust mixture onto the marinade on the rack.
- Roast for an additional 10 – 15 minutes until medium – rare and the crust is a golden brown.
- Allow the meat to rest in a warm place for about 10 minutes. Then cut the rack between each bone for individual chops. Sprinkle with salt – our preferred salt of choice is Olsson’s Sea Salt Flakes. Serve with vegetables or a simple side salad.