Tropic Co Cooked Tiger Shrimp Cocktail
February 2, 2021
This recipe uses Tropic Co Cooked Tiger Shrimp. It’s up to you how you want to plate it; restaurant style or home cooking style. Either way, we promise you a vibrant and fresh starter that everyone will enjoy. Watch out for the kick from the horseradish.
- 200ml tomato ketchup
- 40g horseradish cream (mild)
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- 5 Cooked Tropic Co. Tiger Shrimp, thawed and peeled and cut in half lengthways
- Butter lettuce, washed and cut in half
- Avocado, diced
- 1/2 tsp Yarra Valley Caviar, for garnish
- Chives, sliced for garnish
- Defrost shrimp a few hours before use, peel and set aside.
- Mix cocktail sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside .
- Carefully tear off lettuce leaves. Then lay lettuce leaves into a bowl, core side in and green at the top.
- In the bowl build a base with some avocado, sauce then shrimp. Continue to add ingredients to the bowl until you have used all your shrimp.
- Finish with a sprinkle of chives, caviar and serve immediately.