All orders are sent from Los Angeles via FedEx overnight, FedEx Ground, or local delivery. For all Shipping & Delivery information click here
What People Are Saying
Shipping & Delivery
How to Prepare Tropic Co Tiger Prawns
HOW TO THAW PRAWNS IN THE FRIDGE
1. Tropic Co prawns have been individually snap frozen for your convenience. Remove desired amount of prawns from packaging. Place frozen prawns in an airtight container
2. Place in fridge and cover to defrost a day before intended use
HOW TO STORE PRAWNS
1. If fresh or once defrosted: place peeled prawns in an airtight container and store in the coldest part of the fridge
2. Once thawed, prawns should not be refrozen as the quality deteriorates
HOW TO PEEL PRAWNS
1. Hold the body of the prawn and carefully twist of the head. Peel under and away.
2. Grasp as many legs as you can between your thumb and index finger
HOW TO DEVEIN PRAWNS
1. Ensure prawns have defrosted
2. Straighten prawn and gently grasp the vein located on the back of the prawn
3. Slowly pull the vein out
Char-Grilled Ginger Tiger Prawns
- 1/2 cup Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut or grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup ginger (grated)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 3 limes (wedges)
- Bamboo skewers (soaked in water 30 mins prior to using)
- Defrost prawns a few hours before use and peel leaving the tail on.
- Soak the bamboo skewers for 30 minutes before using - this ensures the skewers won’t burn during the cooking process.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over the peeled prawns. Let the prawn meat marinate for 30 - 45 minutes. This adds extra flavor while also tenderizing the meat.
- Light up your charcoal grill and wait until the flames have died down, and the coals are white hot. In the meantime, thread each prawn onto the skewer through the head to the tail. Do not pierce the skewer through the tail.
- Grill for 4 -5 minutes, turning once mid-way through until nicely colored.
- Carefully remove prawns from the skewer, then sprinkle with cilantro and and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
*available at all good Asian markets
Char-Grilled Tiger Prawns with Lemon Butter and Yarra Valley Caviar
- 6 x Tropic Co Tiger Prawns
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Yarra Valley Caviar - click here to shop
- Defrost the prawns overnight, or on the morning before use.
- Peel prawns from behind the head, down to the start of the tail. Then carefully skewer the prawn from the tail end - as close to the belly without piercing through the flesh.
- Grill the prawns on a char-grill or grill. Spoon the melted butter over the top, turning until cooked and crispy. Approximately 3 minutes each side.
- Plate the prawns and generously squeeze lemon juice over the top. Spoon on desired amount of caviar and service immediately.
- For an extra indulgent taste, peel off the head and fill with caviar and eat. The texture will be crunchy, sweet and with a burst of fresh flavor from the caviar.
Why Choose Tropic Co
To find out more about Tropic Co Tiger Prawns and their sustainable farming practices, click this link.
You Might Also Like
Award winning Kerwee Wagyu meets premium King Salmon from the pristine waters off New Zealand. Spoil your loved ones or see for yourself why this is one of our most popular bundles yet.
The salmon are raised in the cold currents of New Zealand’s Southern Alps where the water is fresh and constantly flowing. The farmed fish are cultured in a pure environment with minimal human intervention, and free from growth hormones, vaccines, pesticide and antibiotics.