KIN Bluefin Tuna Sashimi
September 17, 2021
Sashimi with avocado, wasabi crème fraiche, pickled ginger & green onions.
- KIN Southern Bluefin Tuna Chutoro Saku Block, sliced to your desired amount
- 1/2 avaocado, smashed
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Pickled ginger, to taste
- Green onions to garnish
- Ensure tuna is thoroughly thawed. Leave in fridge until ready to serve.
- Mix together the avocado, wasabi paste, crème fraiche and lemon juice in a bowl. Adjust amount of wasabi paste to suit your taste.
- Put in fridge for at least 2 hours until firm.
- Remove tuna from the fridge, and gently pat with a paper towel. Slice to desired thickness, then add to plate. Spoon on set avocado mixture and top with green onions and pickled ginger.
Angus Cowboy Steak with Chimichurri
April 8, 2021
- 1 x 20oz Bone-In Angus Ribeye (Cowboy Steak)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot finely diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Defrost streak and leave out to come to room temperature before cooking.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, parsley, basil, cilantro, oregano, red chili flakes, garlic, shallot, and lemon juice. Cover and put into the fridge.
- Heat a cast iron pan until very hot. Season steak with a light sprinkling of good sea salt and pepper. Hard sear each side of the steak for 2 - 3 minutes until you get your desired crust.
- Turn heat down to low/medium and cook for another 3-4 minutes to achieve a medium-rare consistency throughout.
- Remove steak from the pan and let it rest for half the cooking time.
- Cut the bone away from the meat, then slice against the grain into thick strips. Serve on a plate and spoon on Chimichurri.
Kerwee Kiwami 8+ Steak Tartare
February 2, 2021
- 800g tomato ketchup
- 100g Worcestershire sauce
- 100g Dijon mustard
- Ensure meat is defrosted the day before use.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the meat into thin strips (against the grain) and then again to create small cubes (dice).
- In the same bowl, add the cornichons, capers, shallots, tabasco, salt and pepper and mix gently until combined. Add two tablespoons of the dressing into the bowl, and stir until combined. Add more dressing as desired.
- Using a round food mold, heap the meat and dressing mixture in the middle to create a circular mountain of tartare. Carefully remove the mould, and finish with a teaspoon of Yarra Valley Caviar on top with a sprinkle of chives.
- Serve immediately alongside a side of crackers or crostini.
There are no items in your cart.